How to Use This Site
Links (included in each section)
Worship Prep — Personal
- Study the various sections to see what articles can help you.
- Spend time each week to improve your skill in music.
- Video yourself each week, then watch it to learn to be a better leader.
- Be a student of each instrument in your band so you can communicate clearly.
- Respect each person who serves in the media part of your ministry.
Worship Prep — Team
- Know each of your teams strengths and weaknesses.
- Help them find resources in the Worship Prep section.
- Find helpful online resources in the Links section for your team.
- Hold each person accountable to grow in their skill.
- Have other team members evaluate you and your leadership.
Worship Prep — Congregational
- You are the leader. Lead those who come to worship.
- Determine the areas where you need to improve.
- Find articles on this site that will help you lead them better.
- Find links on this site that will also help you.
- Communicate clearly. Respect all ages. Lead them well.
Dig Deep — Personal Growth
- Dedicate time each day to focus on your own spiritual growth.
- Know what you believe.
- Study prayers in the Bible and spend time in prayer.
- Find and study one Key Worship Word each week.
- Get to know the Links Sections and online resources.
Dig Deep — Team Growth
- Encourage each of your team to be walking with the Lord daily.
- Study together a Key Worship Word (or an article from the Dig Deep section).
- Take a few minutes in each rehearsal to grow as a team spiritually.
- Hold each other accountable for time spent in the word and prayer each week.
- Be sure each person on your team understands the role of leading worship.
Dig Deep — Congregational Growth
- Find a Key Worship Word article that applies to one of the songs you will be leading.
- Study the Key Worship Word each day for one week before you lead the song.
- Look for ways you can use what you have learned with the congregation.
- Share in an email, in a written format, on the screens, and between two songs.
- Use moments each week to help the congregation grow in corporate and personal worship.
Lead Well — Personal Development
- Evaluate yourself and be intentional to become a better leader.
- Study one personal characteristic per week.
- Pray that God will show you more about that characteristic.
- Seek to be more ________. (humble, gentle, kind, patient, passionate, etc.) all week.
- Look for and acknowledge this characteristic in others throughout the week.
Lead Well — Team Development
- Study (with your team) one of the Shepherding My Team articles each week.
- Study a Character Development Topic (Truth, Forgiving, etc) each week.
- Expect each person to study for a few minutes each day.
- Ask them to share insights at your next team rehearsal.
- Pray for them and pray together as a group.
Lead Well — Congregation Development
- Respect those you lead.
- Be sensitive to all ages.
- Be excellent in all you do both on and off the platform.
- Communicate often and follow through completely in everything you do.
- Flee from ego and pride that is in you and walk in humility.